“Through camaraderie and dedication…a legacy of excellence."
Current News & Information
The Akins Colorguard program started it’s 2016 Winterguard season off with a fantastic showing at the TCGC Dripping Springs Contest on Saturday, January 30th.
- The Akins Varsity Winterguard placed 2nd in the Scholastic A Red classification.
- The Akins Junior Varstiy Winterguard placed 3rd in the Novice Red classification.
We are extremely proud of all students for their hard work and excellence in performance!
Our annual Midwinter Concert is Tuesday, February 9th at 7:00pm in the Akins Auditorium.
All are welcome to enjoy an evening of great music!
All AHS bands will participate in a clinic with Mr. Benzer on Saturday, January 30th at Akins HS. The schedule is as follows:
- 8:00am to 10:00am - Akins Concert Band
- 10:30am to 12:30pm - Akins Symphonic Band
- 1:30pm to 3:30pm - Paredes Wind Ensemble
- 4:00pm to 7:00pm - Akins Wind Symphony
These clinics are required for all members of the Akins band program.
The Spring 2016 Important Dates document is available.
Please remember that the most updated scheduling information is always available on the calendar tab.
So glad you asked…
All this information can be found in the “Calendar” tab of the webpage. This calendar is updated in realtime. You can also subscribe to the calendar and get changes when they happen!
AEB will host another BBQ benefit next Saturday, November 21st from 10:30am to 1:00pm.
BBQ plates will be available for a donations. Meal coupons in exchange for a donation will be available from all AEB members.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
Here are the time for the clinics with Mr. Benzer on Saturday, November 14th:
- 8:00am to 10:30am - Akins Symphonic Band
- 10:30am to 12:30pm - Akins Concert Band
- 1:00pm to 3:00pm - Paredes Wind Ensemble
- 6:00pm to 9:00pm - Akins Wind Symphony
The band hall will open in the morning at 7:30am. Please plan on being at the band hall no later than 15 minutes prior to your start time.