“Through camaraderie and dedication…a legacy of excellence."
Current News & Information
The Akins Drumline joined Dr. Paul Cruz, AISD Superintendent, and other AISD community members in the 2015 Austin Pride Parade.
The Akins Eagle Band is proud to support a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment in our schools for all students and families!
Our August Cookout & Car Wash Benefit was a tremendous success!
Plans are already underway for out next even on Saturday, Septmeber 26th at Akins HS. The enviro-friendly, low/zero impact car wash will be open from 8am to 2pm. The grills will be open from 11am to 2pm.
Other exciting plans are in the works to present more activities for the Akins community to enjoy. Check back soon for more information!
Please note that the original date posted (Thursday, September 24th) for the Akins HS vs. Anderson HS football game WAS CORRECT.
Here is some important information for our first 2015 football game:
Immediately upon the end of school at 4:20pm, students will either head to the cafeteria (if game day tailgating was purchased) or to eat their dinner in the hallway. A detailed schedule for the afternoon will be given during class…but all students must be done eating at 5:00pm and fully dressed, ready for inspection in their assigned areas. Dinner on a game day is not a “liesurely” time.
All students must have all required materials in order to attend the game. Any student who does not have any required item will not be permitted to board the bus.
Required items are:
- Band Polo - Were distributed after rehearsal on Tuesday evening. Will be available for those that ordered Thursday immediately after school.
- Khaki Shorts - Freshmen and new members may wear khaki (or as close as possible to khaki.) All returning members are to wear their old summer uniform shorts.
- Band Baseball Hats - Any hats that were ordered will be available after school Thursday.
- Black Marching Shoes - Any shoes that were ordered will be available after school Thursday (if not already picked up.)
- Black Socks
- White Marching Gloves - Will be distributed during uniform inspections Thursday.
- Flip Folder - Must have all music and a piece of cardboard for the halftime “window.”
Students will not be permitted to wear the following:
- Piercings - ALL piercings must be removed. This includes ears, cartilage, nose, tongue, etc. Marching band season is not the time to gauge your ears or get a new piercing.
- Bows, headbands, etc.
- Jewelry - No rings, necklaces, bracelets, anklets, etc.
Students will only be permitted to board the bus with items needed for the game. No book bags, tote bags, food, etc. will be permitted on the bus or at the game.
2015 show shirts are coming soon!
It’s time to gear up for our first football game of 2015!
The schedule for this Thursday’s game is as follows:
- 4:20 - End of school day. Students will tailgate in the cafeteria or eat their own dinner immediately after classes end.
- 5:00 - All students must be dressed and in sections for complete inspection of all required materials.
- 5:45 - Load trucks and busses.
- 6:00 - Depart for Burger Center.
- 7:30 - Game begins…go Eagles!
- 10:45 - Estimated return back to Akins.
All students should plan on contacting parents upon departure from Burger Center. All students must be picked up within 20 minutes upon return to Akins.
Please remember that since this is a Thursday game, we will have rehearsal from 5:00pm to 7:00pm on Friday!
Thank you to all members of the Akins community who supported the Akins Band today by visiting our BBQ & Car Wash event. The students appreciated the opportunity to be of service to members of the south Austin community!
Special thanks to all parents who donated time and materials to make the event a success.
Look for more benefit events coming in the near future.