“Through camaraderie and dedication…a legacy of excellence."
Current News & Information
The new 2016-2017 Booster Board wants to welcome all incoming freshmen and their parents!
Check out the Booster tab for more information.
This camp is required for all members of the 2016-2017 Akins Eagle Band. Attendance at this camp is a factor in deciding who receives a “primary” marching spot in the fall marching show.
When: 8:00am to 4:00pm - June 6th through June 9th
Where: Akins High School
What to Wear: School appropriate clothing, shorts/t-shirt, tennis shoes (or similar)
What to Bring: Instrument (w/ reeds, valve oil, etc.), pencil, lunch (Students will be required to remain on campus during the lunch break from 12:00pm to 1:00pm. Students may have a lunch brought to them during this time.), sunglasses, hat
What Not to Bring: Candy/food other than lunch, toys/games, bad attitudes :-)
- Students will be spending time outside in the mornings. It is critical that students be prepared with water, sunscreen, appropriate clothing, etc.
- Students who play a school owned instrument (oboe, bassoon, tenor/bari sax, french horn, euphonium, tuba, percussion) will have the appropriate instruments checked out to them upon arrival Monday morning.
- Students who play a non-school owned instrument (flute, clarinet, alto sax, trumpet, trombone) will need to bring their own instrument. - If you do not have your own instrument, please contact Mr. Fincher immediately for assistance.
This past Saturday was the 1st Annual Akins Community 5K & Festival at Akins HS!
The Akins Band is grateful for all the support and outpouring of enthusiasm from the Akins community. We are excited that this first even was such a success and look forward to next year’s event.
Members of the 2016 Graduation Band, please take note of the following:
- Thursday, May 26th - 1:30pm to 3:30pm - Rehearsal
- Thursday, June 2nd - 1:30pm to 3:30pm - Rehearsal
- Saturday, June 4th - Graduation
- 6:30am - Band Hall Opens
- 7:00am - Load and Depart for Erwin Center
- 9:00am - Graduation Begins
- 1:00pm - Estimated Return to Akins (This is an estimate only based on past graduations. Students will notify parents upon departure from the Erwin Center.)
Students should plan on eating a decent breakfast prior to departure for the Erwin Center. Students will be permitted to bring a small healthy snack (granola bar, banana, etc) to eat.
Dress is concert black…just like any concert.
Greetings Akins Eagle Band Family,
It is with a heavy heart that I announce to you that I will not be returning as Associate Director for the Akins Eagle Band next year. I have enjoyed my time with the students immensely, as well as the connection with the band parent family! You are all very special and I wish nothing but the best for the future of AEB!
I have accepted the position as Director of Orchestras at Akins High School. Ms. Bennett has done an amazing job with this program and I hope to continue making great music with these wonderful musicians. We will miss Ms. Bennett very much as she becomes a full time mom to her three children and wish her nothing but the best.
We have many things left to do in the coming weeks, so expect to see nothing change until the end of the year!
Paul Crockett - Associate Director of Bands, Akins High School
Due to anticipated weather conditions this week resulting in unfavorable ground conditions, we have decided to postpone the Akins Community 5K & Festival to the backup date of Saturday, May 21st.
Everything else about the event remains the same! We look forward to seeing you there!